• facebook
  • google plus
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin

Default TATA MOTORS supply chain

hi there, can anyone out there please suggest me some scholerly articles about the Tata motors supply chain? I have been looking for the same for few days but no success, so if you have knowledge about the articles and known some news about SCM at tata motors, please send me the link or name of the article. I would very much appreciate you help.
    thank you.

Forum Moderator

Default Re: TATA MOTORS supply chain

Hi,

I found some articles about it, some of them you must buy at science direct or springerlink, other are available for free in google scholar. Take a look below:

Framing the corporate responsibility-reputation linkage: The case of Tata Motors in India - Rahul Mitra - Article in press - Full article in Science Direct

Product innovation for the people’s car in an emerging economy - Sangeeta Ray and Pradeep Kanta Ray - Technovation 31 (2011) 216–227 - Full article in Science Direct

Globalization and supply chain networks: the auto industry in Brazil and India - John Humphrey - Global Networks, Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 121–141, April 2003

Indian Auto Component Supply Chain at the Crossroads - Karthik Balakrishnan, Ananth Iyer, Sridhar Seshadri, Anshul Sheopuri - Full article in Google Scholar

Beyond Offshoring Assess Your Company’s Global Potential - Diana Farrell - Harvard Business Review Online - Full article in Google Scholar

The Chinese and Indian Automobile Industry in Perspective: Technology Appropriation, Catching-up and Development - Xavier Richet and Joel Ruet - TRANSITION STUDIES REVIEW Volume 15, Number 3, 447-465 - Full article in SpringerLink

Hope it helps you.

Kind regards, Patricia

Dear Patricia, thanks for the reply. The articles were helpful.
    Amol.

Forum Moderator

Hi Amol,

Glad to help you.

Patricia

hi Patricia, I am working on supply chain management theory, and wondering what can be the sources of competitive advantages in supply chain...or say how to create competitive advantage in supply chain? I was looking by the perspective of resource based theory and industry based perspective.. but not quite satisfied with it. Do you have any suggestion for me , on this topic.
    Thank you.
    Amol

Forum Moderator

Hi!
    I think that the better way to get sustainable competitive advantage in SCM is through of collaboration between members of supply chain. The companies that aims to be among the best ones in their action sector are perceiving that share information, resources and knowledge with suppliers and with customers is a key factor to obtain sucess in SCM. There is a very good book that point out these ideas very well, take a look:
    http://www.amazon.com/Strategic-Supp...056481&sr=8-14

Kind regards,
    Patricia

More so than systems or technology, quality human resource in the supply chain sector is most important

Banned

what can be the sources of competitive advantages in supply chain
    The supply chain is an ongoing source of competitive advantage. Factors such as Time to market,Cost,Quality and Delivery,flexibility and other management holds part in competitive advantage.

Mr Sailesh Chandra, divisional Manager and Mr. Anurag Verma, Divisional Manager, TATA Motors were all smiles when they went up to claim the coveted trophy and prize money of Rs 1,00,000/- as the participants rose to their feet to give the team a standing ovation.
    Tata Motors is really an Indian Company which playing good part in Supply chain.
    You can read about more on:
    http://www.pagalguy.com/news/tata-mo...ce-award-a-629